Congratulations! You have been hired as a Social Media Analyst for the celebrity, business, or political candidate of your dreams!
Your job responsibilities include:
- Execute strategic social media campaigns while simultaneously tracking data and analytics and managing updates / improvements to ongoing campaigns
- Identify successes and potential problems in order to draw accurate conclusions and develop alternative action when necessary
- Develop a social media listening program to track, analyze, and guide social media decisions
- Develop impactful, influential, and call to action content
Write a three to five (3-5) page research plan. (Refer to Digital Marketing Analytics, Chapter 13 for additional details).
Include the following in your research plan:
- Identify your chosen celebrity, business, or political candidate.
- Identify the key factors that could set your subject apart and cause more positive attention.
- State your research question.
- Describe how the research question solves for a real business problem.
- Create a source list (social media listening tools, search tools, social network insights, etc.).
- List relevant and logical channels for analysis (news, blogs, comments, groups, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Identify the search and source languages of your listening tools.
- Identify the research methods (hypothesis, time frame, depth of analysis, etc.).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Business report format. Typed, single-spaced, section headings, double space between paragraphs, Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow Strayer Writing Standards format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate and select appropriate types of measurement techniques and data-collection methods.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in marketing research and digital analytics.
- Write clearly and concisely about marketing research and digital analytics using proper writing mechanics