Due 04/18/15 by 5 pm CST USA no excuses
Requirements: Do two studies as stated below and must use references
Follow all instructions in red please and use references!!
Any question feel free to ask Ty
The Assignment (2 pages):
- Select two of the following four research studies:
- A researcher was studying initial interactions between people. While two students were supposedly waiting for an experiment to begin, the researcher covertly videotaped their actions and conversation. The researcher then told them about the research and gave them the opportunity to have the tape erased.
- A researcher worked for a time on the production line of a large manufacturing plant. His status as a researcher was unknown to his co-workers. It was not until he was about to leave that he revealed his purpose and identity to others.
- To study what types of people are most likely to give money to a stranger, people on city streets were asked for money by an individual who said he had just lost his wallet. No one was ever told that he or she was part of a research project.
- To study the effects of alcohol on decision making, a graduate student interviewed college students after they had left a campus bar. With a portable breathalyzer, he registered their blood alcohol level. Although some of them were found to be intoxicated beyond the legal state limits, and many of them were going to be driving home, he did not inform them of their blood alcohol levels.
- For both studies selected, do the following:
- Explain whether or not the research is ethical and how the study may have violated principles of ethical behavior.
- Explain what, if any, alternative research methods might have been used.
- If you do not believe there are any alternative methods, explain why that is the case.
Stangor, C. (2011). Research methods for the behavioral sciences (4th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.