For your Module 3 SLP, find out as much as you can about the national culture of your country. A good place to start is Hofstede’s indices on national culture:
No need to consider all six dimensions of national culture, but pay close attention to individualism and power distance.
Keep in mind that it is controversial to try to quantify national culture, so don’t rely only on Hofstede for this paper. Do some additional research and try to find additional information about the cultural aspects of doing business in your country.
- Then write a 2- to 3-page paper addressing the following issuehat do Hofstede’s measures of national culture tell you about doing business in your country?
- What other information besides Hofstede have you been able to find about culture in your country? How does this impact doing business?
- Overall, does the national culture of your country make it easy or difficult to do business? What cultural pitfalls might an American company investing in your country face?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Continue to write about the country you selected in Module 1.
- Write 2–3 pages focused on issues 1–3 above.
- Try not to rely on just one source—use multiple sources from the library if possible.
- Use appropriate writing style (organization, grammar, and spelling—see writing guidelines) and include both a bibliography and in-text citations.s: