Americans have a responsibility to be active in their government. This can be through voting in elections, lawful protesting, petitioning legislators, and running for public office.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- If you chose to run for a federal office (meaning on the national level), which office would you want to run for? Why?
- What are the responsibilities of that public office?
- How does that public office contribute to the function of the U.S. government?
In your answers, consider the:
- The roles, responsibilities, and requirements for the office for which you chose to run
- The checks and balances on that branch of the government