Although this part of the assessment is not graded, you still need to complete it and submit it. This activity is meant to help build your knowledge in preparation to complete Part 2 and for use in your Integrative Business Capstone project in STRCB/581.
Use the company that you chose to work with for your business plan that you will complete for your Integrative Business Capstone. (Refer to the Course Guide found under the Welcome to the Course folder for more information on the business plan.)
Identify the type(s) of service system used in the company or a certain part of the company. (You will implement the service system that you select in the third Competency Assessment.)
Write a 500-word analysis of the service system. Complete the following when writing your analysis.
- Identify the service system that you will implement.
- Outline and highlight the system’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Include an analysis of industry comparisons, if available.
Part 2 : Organize a Project
Review the various responsibilities of a project manager by organizing a project. See Chapter 19, sections 19.9 and Cases. The project will be a continuation of how to improve the process you chose in Competency 1.
Apply project management tools and a project management outline type of your choice to structure and plan the project by defining, planning, and controlling.
Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation (supported by Excel and Word as needed), with detailed speaker notes, that includes the following:
- Project description
- Project Management Charts (Critical Path, Gantt Chart, etc.)
- Improved Process Flowchart from Competency 1
- Meeting cadence/rhythm and timing
- Metrics to measure the project’s success
- Financial and budgetary considerations
- Description of the project reporting structure
Submit your assignment.
****** This is just a FYI***********
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program concludes with the Integrative Business Capstone component, STRCB/581: Strategic Planning & Implementation. As part of the capstone course, you will create a business plan. You will prepare key portions of the business plan in 4 courses* of your program, including this one:
- FINCB/571: Corporate Finance
- DATCB/565: Data Analysis and Business Analytics
- OPSCB/574: Creating Value Through Operations
- MKTCB/574: Marketing: Social, Mobile, & Analytics
The business plan you create will be for a company of your choice: a small business, a non-profit, manufacturer, or an existing company. You must have enough information about the company to be able to create a finance plan, a competitor or market analysis, operations plan, marketing plan, and strategic plan for them.
Once you have chosen a company, write an overview of the company, its mission and vision statements, and information about the products or services offered. This portion will be used in each of the components of your business plan.