- One of the key concepts you learned that appealed you the most;
- How concepts of Microbiology will help you in clinical sciences such as pathophysiology;
- The importance of knowledge of microbiology for a career in health care.
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
CO 1: Analyze how golden age microbiologists performed experiments to observe, identify, culture and classify different microorganisms and their macromolecules.
CO 2: Apply the concepts of genetics and genome in the study of microorganisms.
CO 3: Identify the cellular organization of different prokaryotic and eukaryotic microorganisms.
CO 4: Distinguish the characteristics of different types of acellular infectious agents.
CO 5: Analyze the physical and biochemical requirements of a given microorganism.
CO 6: Explain the processes of microbial metabolism with emphasis on fermentation vs aerobic vs anaerobic respiration and the different cycles of these processes.
CO 7: Analyze the effects of antimicrobial agents used to control growth of microorganisms in the environment and inside the body.
CO 8: Analyze the different interactions between various microbes and the host including the pathogenicity, transmission and the disease process.
CO 9: Analyze the three lines of defense that protect the human body from pathogens.
CO 10: Analyze the microbial diseases of different body systems- integumentary, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, digestive and urogenital.