Complete the following comparative essay based on two articles. (MLA Format)
I have started a a comparative essay on these two articles. First one is on the origins of southern food and the other is where “Tex-mex” food came from. My request is for you to complete this assignment into an A+ comparative essay, you may find the initial draft below. Thank you in advance and once again the required format is MLA.
3 more pages (including the reference page) will be more than sufficient.
Prompt – https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/06/11/532086897/grappling-with-race-class-and-southern-foods-great-debt-of-pleasure
To Compare – https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/tex-mex-cooking-its-not-mexican-and-maybe-thats-the-point/2014/01/27/577c515c-850a-11e3-9dd4-e7278db80d86_story.html?utm_term=.17218016be43
Questions to keep in mind when you are writing the Comparison paper:
- What are they (the 2 texts) about?
- Did they originate at some particular time?
- Who created them? Who uses or defends them? Or, more broadly, who does it appeal to?
- What is the central focus, claim, or goal of each? What conclusions do they offer? What are the points of comparisons you can draw from them?
- How are they applied to situations/people/things/etc.?
- Which seems more plausible to you, and why? How broad is their scope?
- What kind of evidence is offered from each of them?